Tuesday, February 12, 2008

wish i could be your rain...

If i could simply be
the thing that
I would wanna be,
I'll be happy to be the rain
that endlessly
pours down on you.
So i could kiss away the tears
which flows down
from your cheeks.

I shall come to you
with a promise
not to be tired
of drowning out,
of washing away,
and of melting
those bricks of emptiness;
and those walls of solitude
which you had built in bitterness.

But sadly,
I cannot be that rain;
for I have my own tears
which falls down on my cheeks;
also waitin' for some rain
to be drowned and washed away.

I could but sigh in pain
for i have nothing to offer.
Oly a heart
which could share with you,
could cry with you,
in your sadness...
in your pain.

2 comments:

Lyn Lomasi said...

Sad, yet beautiful. Great job! :-)

riablahgs said...

HI Oliver,

Ang ganda nitong poem mo... Keep it up!